Randomthots wrote:
mark wrote:

Heh. The daughter of a friend of mine, when she was, mmm, 15 or so, would be surfing, and I'd see her reboot her '98 box two, three, four times a night.

I had the same thing happen to me. It was a bad memory chip. '95 was

No, this wasn't memory. She kept getting crap....

crashy, ME was too, but much less so. I never ran it, but by all reports 98(SE) was fairly decent. XP is very stable for me. Runs faster than Fedora, too.

That I don't understand, at all. Lose95, IMO, was *more* stable than '98, and LoseMe was a disaster, hated by almost everyone I've ever known. 2000, from all reports (since it was NT5) was not bad. XP, including it's EULA, everyone should avoid.

I'm also avoiding Fedora - from what I understand, it's too damn bleeding edge for me. That's why I think I'll be going to SUSE.

        mark

--
"It is not the function of the government to keep the
citizen from falling into error; it is the function of