Roger Markus wrote:
On 11/20/05, John Boyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

To Discuss and Daniel Carrera: Your suggestions are being followed by me
as fast as I can. I need one KVM switch so I can use my monitor for both
Win and Linux, until I get my Linux under control, I mean knowledge
<snip>
the end of next week! Then, as I can convert something from WinXP I will
do so and eliminate it from the WinXP menu. :-)

Do give yourself an overlap period to get used to Linux. Once you're up to
speed with it, you'll never want to touch a Lose-W machine again, but there
<snip>
use the Lose-W box less and less, but don't attempt a "Bang!" one day
swtich-over, it's not realistic. Anyway, good luck with it and I'll be glad
to offer advice regarding it if I can.

What he said - don't try to go "bang". On the other hand, note that *ALL* Linux distros install a boot loader, which enables you to boot *either* Linux or Windows.

Then, too, there's wine to run at least some Windows software, and you can read from Windows partitions.

        mark

--
The sixties grant amnesty to no one." - Tullio Proni