Hi Ray,

If you do discuss this with a programmer, you might want to bring up the
possiblity of modifying Thunderbird, Firefox, and Sunbird (all from
Mozilla.org) to work directly with OOo.  Tb is an email program.  Ff is a
webbrowser.  Sunbird is a calendar, PIM program.  The Mozilla projects have
a well-documented "extensions"  and "themes" API.  The Themes should make it
easy for a programmer to get the OOo look-and-feel into the programs, and
the Extenstions could provide the "hooks" into OOo.  Some marco or something
for OOo would be needed to hook into the other programs, but that shouldn't
be too hard.

This would be a lot easier that writing the programs from scratch.

Thanks again for your input.

-Chad