On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:04:40 -0800, John Norvell wrote:

> In the move from OO Writer 1.9 to 2.0 (Linux) the multi_key compose method
> of accenting characters, loaded from .Xmodmap, no longer works in OO. It
> is still working unchanged in all other X windows and applications (and
> also in the 1.9 installation I have still on my system). Any ideas about
> this? Thanks for any tips.
>
> John

I suspect that you have upgraded X11 at some point and this is affecting
your usage. I can tell you that using the method described in
http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/various_topics/Howto_special_char.pdf
for Linux does work even when the X server is Xorg.

--
Documentation Co-lead
"Dinna meddle wi' things ye ken nuthin' aboot!"