Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Randomthots wrote:

Remember, this was a big file. 63,260 rows by 7 columns. That's 442,820
instances of the 80 bytes of "taggage" surrounding each cell (35 MB,
total) plus the tags at the start of each row (times 63,260) plus all
the header information. Apparently with 256 MB RAM I simply ran out of
room loading the ods which didn't happen with the csv (or the xls).

And you know what ? Your RAM depletion had probably little to do about
tag length, and a lot about OO.o trying to build its XML tree in RAM.

Aha!! Information. At last. It's terse, sketchy, and comes with an attitude, but at least it's a bit of data. Maybe... I notice you used the word "probably". In other words, you don't know either.

But you're likely prone to disagree with me just on principle, so it doesn't mean much.

--

Rod