"Alexandro Colorado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in news:op.s1a3crng999q39
@jza.uk.irlcomputers.com:

>> But you don't have to install MS Office to do that. There is a free,
>> lightweight viewer for office files available from Microsoft.
>>

> Maybe you can help donating your time to make a Firefox plug-in to ODT.

Why? I have neither time nor the skills. I don't even use Firefox. As it
happens, I have coded more useful bits for OOo that 99.99% of the users.
But they are all trivial macros.

The whole problem with open source is that around 500 people have signed
the JCA, and perhaps 50 of them have contributed real code. I have no idea
how many of those were paid by their employers to do so.

Let's assume that the figure quoted by the marketing project of 50 million
users is accurate. One volunteer programmer for every million users is not
a good ratio. No one, including me, has found ways of improving it though.
The one thing that is clear is that banging on about the evils of microsoft
does nothing whatever to make Openoffice more useful to anyone.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.