Chad Smith wrote:

It mentions Evolution as the top contender, and Lightning (a planned
combination of Thunderbird and Sunbird - the Mozilla email client and
calendar respectively) as a distant second.  A OOo-based email client/PIM
could fill his void.

What do you all think?
After the last discussion on this topic, I think this sounds like flame bait. But that would be completely out of character, wouldn't it? ;-)

I think if people are really that keen to get an open-source Outlook-like app working, then the best thing they can do is start using ( or better yet CODING ) an existing app, such as Evolution.

But I concede that some people won't be happy until OOo has it's own, as well as a built-in virus scanner, IM client, file manager, video editor and solitaire game. I await their coding contribution ...

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer