Joerg Barfurth wrote:
It'd be interesting to find out why they added that option. Whether it speeds parsing, or to improve the file size on-disk, or if (as you suggest) is to reduce the size on memmory.

Huh? What do you think I suggest?

I think that you suggest that the reduction in uncompressed size speeds file loading enough to be the primary reason why the "Optimize XML" option was added. Am I wrong?

Assuming that removing the white space does not provide speed gains that are unrelated to the file size.

What gains could that be?

I don't know. I'll try not to hypothesize here. Nothing inmediately crosses my mind. I just said that it'd be good to find out why they added that option.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
     /\/`) http://oooauthors.org