On 12/8/05, Jonathon Blake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Chadf wrote:
>
> > Care to give any evidence at all that this happened?
>
> Personal experience.

So Microsoft closed you down by charging you $100 for every computer with no
OS, $200 for every computer with a competitors OS, and then, when you
refused to pay it, Steve Ballimer and Bill Gates pulled up to your shop in a
truck and loaded up all your money, the remaining stock of computers, and
striped the store of its shelves, wiring, etc.?

I don't doubt that Microsoft makes it difficult for computer stores to  sell
computers without Windows.  But I don't for a second believe they take your
stuff when you close down.  That's not only illegal, it's impossible.

Now, if you owed MS money, then, yeah, they can make you pay them back for
that, and maybe even repossess stuff you bought from them on credit and
didn't pay for, but that's not the same as your claim that "the vendor was
shut down,and all assets went to Microsoft."

Give me one shread of evidence that this ever happened.  Something I can
see, not just your claim of personal experience.  If it really did happen to
you, show me something to prove it.  Send me a link to a story on it.
Surely a Microsoft van dragging away your framed first dollar from your
newly shutdown store would make headlines.  Or the MS enforcers running down
the street with your last server hoisted over their shoulders - that would
make the news, don't you think?

I mean, no offense, but I could claim that Bill Gates personally sent me a
check for $500,000.00 just because I use Windows and play Xbox, but that
doesn't mean you're gonna believe me.  Your claim that Microsoft not only
closed your shop, but ceised your assets is equally as bold.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/