Henrik Sundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>> I'm slightly confused by what you've said here.  I think that "eyeballs"
>> refers to people looking at the program.  OOo has *plenty* of eyeballs.
>> According to the Stats page,  Over 53 million sets of eyeballs.
>> http://stats.openoffice.org/index.html
>
> If an eyeball should be used to make a bug shallow, it must (most
> often) be directed towards the code. I therefor agree with the way
> Andrew counts eyeballs (or pairs of them).

Well, you're both right. I mean that eyeballs finding bugs does not
translate to eyeballs capable of fixing them. There may be some comment by
Eric Raymond about this over on my blog. I can't remember. In any case, his
argument was -- I think -- that users don't have eyeballs that matter for
the improvement of code. Which is the whole problem.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.