Chad Smith wrote:
2a) MS Office can run on a Mac

You miss the point. You have to pay for the software regardless of whether you have it on your computer or not. You have to pay for machines that have *no* MS software on them. This has a huge lock-in effect.

3)  These type of agreements can, and usually do, in fact, save the schools
money.

I see you're good and copying and pasting from Microsoft's website. This agreement only saves you money if you use 100% Microsoft software, which takes us back to the lock-in factor. It makes it *VERY* difficult to switch to something else.

Second, this agreement is *ILLEGAL*. Do you condone breaking the law?

What's your experience in the education sector? Here we have other people who have been managing or auditing schools for living about as long as you've been around. Consider their experience.

Daniel.
--
     /\/`) http://oooauthors.org
    /\/_/  http://opendocumentfellowship.org