Hello Ian,
On 2005-12-22, at 02:44 , Ian Laurenson wrote:

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 15:25 -0500, Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
[snip]
These seem to me to be quite reasonable! In the meanwhile, if your
macros are not already prominently promoted, now is the time.
Ideally, of course, we could host the macros, but if licensing is an
issue, then simply a link should seem a good start.

The macros are LGPL licensed so I don't think licensing is an issue. I
have signed a JCA (I hope it was received as I got no confirmation). So
I think the legal issues are covered.

Good; then let's post macros to the site. :-) We don't have a Macros project as such but I'd be happy to consider creating it.

Russ (and now James) at ooomacros.org have done a great job in hosting
macros, but I confess I never quite felt sure when one of my macros was ready to be released - so having them on a site where I could pull them
or rapidly update them was/is important to me.

Okay. I like their site too, and I just wish the license allowed for greater commingling.

So, for now, a link to http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/hillview/OOo/
would be greatly appreciated.

Okay. I can think of a couple of places to link it from-- documentation, if Scott and Gerry are agreeable, Support, and even indirectly, from the download pages. But I'm serious about creating a macros project. I think it would be really useful.

Cheers,

Louis