On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:48:34 -0500
Doug Carey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have just tried to download your OPENOFFICE software, and after over
> 3 hours of on-line time to do this, it stopped and reported that the
> doenload could not continue because it was "corrupted" some how. I
> don't know what else to do, and I certainly don't want to download a
> file that has been contaminated by a virus. regards,
> Doug Carey

This and any other problem should be addressed to the
users@openoffice.org mailing list.

It probably hasn't been corrupted by a virus. The error means that the
copy you are downloading has become corrupt (damaged) during the
download, noisy telephone lines, power fluctuations, or a dozen other
causes exist. I recommend dumping the copy you have been getting and
starting again.

I would also recommend you use a download manager that will restart from
a point before where the error occurred. They even allow you to start a
download, stop, then finish the download on another day.

http://download.openoffice.org/
Download managers are listed halfway down the page.

--
Michael
 Those that can, do; those that can't, teach.