Hi,

On 1/6/06 1:50 AM Paul wrote:
> I don't believe that a 'lite' version is on the roadmap...

No, at least not on Sun's, afaik.  However, there is and has been and
will continue to be real interest in the idea. The problem, as I
understand it, is architectural. OOo is tightly integrated and it would
require a re-architecture of the suite to produce a "lite" version.

But, as I said, there is real interest in this.  I get contacted by
companies and individuals interested in it all the time.  I also think
that a re-architecture, if feasible (read: if people can or want to do
this) that allows for componentization  (so you can start Writer, say,
without needing to start the entire application) is equally desirable.

> /paul

Best,
Louis