Dear Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your kind and prompt reply.

Simply following your advice and selecting all, then default format
allowed me to use the decimal point and add the columns.

Your help is most appreciated, as it never occurred to me that it could
be something so mundane as the formatting.

(I thought I could use a larger bolder font to save eye strain - my bad.)

Sincerely,

Martin