Mathias Bauer wrote:
The dependency on an X-Server is indeed annoying and we hope that in a
not so far future we can drop it at least for parts of the API (others
then will refuse to work). But this is not an official goal that is
worked on permanently, just something we keep in mind when we are
changing something in the architecture for other reasons.

Certainly. After all, OpenOffice.org is supposed to be an office suite, not a server back-end. So you expect OOo to require X.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
     /\/`) http://oooauthors.org