Hey,

None of those things are strictly necessary. You just won't be able to know for certain that the file you're receiving is a valid .odt file. I'm not 100% sure about the character entities, but I don't think you need those either.

If you want to develop for ODF, I suggest you come to the OpenDocument Fellowship developers list. We have a very strong team of experts (6 OASIS TC members and about another 5 active experts). I can't think of a better place to get ODF questions answered.

To subscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,
Daniel.

Wesley Parish wrote:
A few days ago I muttered something about writing a miniature office suite - provisionally labelled "Office Miniatures", so now you know! ;) - suitable for handhelds, etc, and using the ODF file format.

I've got a question about the ODF format resulting from that - I was wondering if anyone knows enough to give me some help. The XML library that is built small enough for my intentions happens to be LlamaXML and to quote:
http://www.llamagraphics.com/LlamaXML/
"In order to keep the library small enough for handheld applications, LlamaXML does not provide XML validation, XML Schemas, Document Type Definitions (DTD), and MoveToAttribute methods (Use GetAttribute instead). There is also no support for external entities. LlamaXML only supports the basic four named character entities, which are """, "<", ">", and "&"."

Now, are those details - XML validation, Document Type Definitions, etc - necessary for ODF? I know XML Schemas are, so I expect I'll be working out how to get that supported. But the rest?

Thanks

Wesley Parish

--
     /\/`) http://oooauthors.org