Daniel Carrera wrote:
It's a combination of lack of support at the server and the client. Apache doesn't know what an ODF file is so it calls it binary. IE looks at it and decides it's a ZIP file, so it changes the extension.

Okay, I guess I have confirmed the problem, but I have no idea what to do about it. Sorry I can't help, folks!

Two solutions:
1. Fix the client (e.g. install Firefox).
2. Fix the server (i.e. update the Apache rules).

The OpenDocument Fellowship has the Apache rules you need to support ODF at your server, along with instructions:

http://opendocumentfellowship.org/Resources/ForWebmasters

I guess I'd better get to work and fix that on the Friends of OpenDocument Inc's website. :-)

I must say that if it's that easy to fix a server to deal with ODT files correctly, the one website that should get it right is the OpenOffice.org website itself. Someone should put the boot up Sun to fix this! Or is there some other problem with Collabnet that makes it too hard?

Cheers, Jean