On Thu February 2 2006 06:25, + Jem Berkes wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> I really think you would do the Linux user base a favour by offering,
> as you did before, generic binary installations (through some kind of
> setup program).  I had been using that method throughout the 1.x
> releases and it was a reliable way to install and maintain OpenOffice
> no matter what the distribution was.
>
> The reason I suggest this is that not every distribution uses RPM.  By
> offering your main Linux download based on RPM, you imply support for
> mainstream distributions only.  Someone like myself who uses
> Slackware, and from time to time "no distribution" misses the previous
> distribution-neutral setup program.

Hi Jem,
 I think that you will find that your distributor packages OOo for you. If
they do not then you need to ask them to contribute this to the OOo project
or you should help them to help you.

--
Please reply to discuss@openoffice.org only.

Normally users@openoffice.org is the best list to ask questions about using