Chad Smith schreef:

On 2/6/06, Cor Nouws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

OK, one short then:
The isue is about OOo without Easter eggs is more trustworthy.
So software without (known) Easter eggs is trustworthy?

I've never had a problem trusting software with easter eggs.  I've never
known of any large piece of software that was totally EE free, so I can't
answer your question based on experience.  However, I would say that for me
personally, I would not base my level of trust in a piece of software on its
absense or presence of EE.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/

Chad,

It is not about you, mee, or any other member in this community... it is about the general idea that (and this experience does matter) eventhough some might like it, the majority does not. Users can not do anything about it so the argument that you should comment it out is not valid. I have more then 20 years marketingand analysis experience, most in IT and I can tell you that if install OOo in the office of one of my existing customers, and they find out about the EEs, they will ask why they are there and why I recomended this software, since it has things in it that they do not want. I will be able to explain that the EEs are harmless but the key issue will be: are there other things in the software?

Clearly, I do not want that question and certainly do not want to keep my customers happy. I can not argument that i did not know, neither can I say that I will take it out. I can not without doing that every time a new release is installed. Not practical.

My customers are government, industrial, education, IT and others. They trust me to work along the high standards I set.
You shoudl think about others.
I don't care if its on my pc... but I do care that I have to install it on others.

Steven P.