On 2006-02-09, at 03:46 , Cor Nouws wrote:

Sigrid Kronenberger wrote:

Just to let you know, the "wrong news" has made it to some important German news-page. As you
can see here: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/69370
Louis, can you ask for a correction? I think, this will be very
important.

It's good to think about how media work.
A correction might get lost in a small corner, while the wrong news spreads on and on ...

Depending on the contacts you have with some journalists, it might even be better to wait a while, let the news spread, and then jump in with an well planed interview, including people with some status (just to mention a possibility), that gets a lot of attention.

Actually, I'm moving on all fronts :-)--blog, corrections, etc.

sigh,

Louis

Greetings,
Cor

Sigrid
Louis Suarez-Potts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
Dear All,

The headline of Tom Sanders' article, "Sun urged to give up OpenOffice control," [0] is wrong.[1] I did not urge on behalf of myself, the community or anyone else for Sun to give up OpenOffice.org control. Rather, as I understood it, the thrust of the interview had to do with inviting IBM to contribute to the code base.
So far it has not.

Sun's contributions to the community and to the code speak for themselves. All of us, including Sun, are working on making it easier for everyone to contribute as best they can to the project and code base. I look forward to years of contributions by all who value
OpenOffice.org.

Regards,

Louis

OpenOffice.org