Peter Kupfer OOo wrote:

Actually, OOo offers a more powerful feature (in some ways) that lets you find the equation of a line without making a chart and makes it easy to use the slope and intercept in further calculations.

Look in the the linest function. It returns the slope of a linear regression and the y-intercept in a 2 x 1 array.

HTH,

I hope you aren't actually implying that Excel does *not* have that feature as well? In fact it has the exact same name and performs the exact same calculations.

Look... I love and use OOo. But Excel is an excellent product. In my books it is Microsoft's finest piece of software. Calc is very good and, for my needs, good enough. But compared to Excel it still has some catching up to do.

--

Rod