Tomas Lanczos wrote:
Hello everybody,

From the Open Office package I am using mostly the Impress together with the
Math to prepare my lectures - it is much better for scientific presentations
as the Power Point. The Math is very nice for mathematical expressions, but
it's less appropriate to write chemical reactions (however with some
limitations it works) - I'd like to remain this way that in the world are
much more chemists then mathematicians ... :-)

Well, today I found two functions in the Math which is not working: - the n-th root of x - if I write following the "Formula Reference Table"
in the OOo help e.g. "nroot {xyz}" I will get "nroot xyz" , well I can use
instead e.g. "sqrt {xyz} lsup n" which looks more - less like I intented,
but ...

- the stack{...} simply  does not stacking the symbols, if I write e.g.
stack{abc} I get "abc" what is definitely not good.

So, my question is - am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Many thanks for every answer in advance

Tomas Lanczos
Dept. Geochemistry
Comenius University
Bratislava, Slovakia

Tomas,
I can't say much about using it for chemistry (Geez, I hated chemistry class) but the other two work as advertised but the help isn't very clear on the syntax.

To get the nth root of x type:

nroot n x

To stack the variable a,b,c type:

stack{a#b#c}  <--- curly brackets

Generally, I find that the formula editor works like a charm, but it can be a struggle figuring out what it wants for inputs sometimes.

--

Rod