[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I feel the need to tell you why I do not use your product though it is on all three of my computers. You see I write on fanfiction.net and they offer and advise using Open Office. The problem I found with it is a personal one but I'm sure others would feel the same about it. I start a project and change all the settings to be what I want them to. These settings are usually ones I use on a regular if not daily basis. Finish that project save it, and then perhaps start another. But I have to change all the settings again because they do not save into the program. There are some settings that can be saved, but I don't like to write in "pages" and have to change the view each time. I also get really annoyed by the word suggestion and have to turn it off EVERY time I use the program. I don't want to have to set things up each time. I want to just open it up and be able to use it immediately. Wordpad may not have as many features but it allows me to do that. So until I find something that does allow me to have it the way I want it, allowing me to just open in the program and write in a manner that is comfortable for me, I will continue with it. Thank you for your time.

Learn how to create/modify a default style for your document. This will save many of your settings.
  http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html

Look at the templates and styles files here.
  http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/index.html

As others have suggested, you may want to create templates that store other settings.

Here is a link that explains the principle of styles.
  http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7488

--
Robin Laing