Carl Shewmaker wrote:

I, for one, would really like to buy a naked laptop
now, and desktop machines as the ones on my small lan
expire.

regards,
Carl

--- Chad Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When it comes to desktop computers, they really aren't that hard to build from parts, and the parts are actually fairly easy to find. For $30 to $100 depending on how fancy you want to get, you can get a case with power supply, for $65. you can get a motherboard, for $64. on up you can get an AMD 64 bit processor to go with it. Memory goes for about $20. per quarter gig, an 80 gig HD goes for about $50.00, and a good all format DVD burner goes for about $40. Add externals like KB, mouse, etc. and you have a complete system less software. Some of the same companies that sell desktop parts will sell bare-bones systems and even some laptops that way.