On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 00:43:30 AM +0200, Cor Nouws ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

> Cor Nouws wrote:
> >I'm interested in a *short* list with the main functional pro's
> >and con's of OOo compared to MsO.
>
> It's been a while agoo, but finaly I found some time to get the
> information (started 17-1-05) together.
>
> Safer
> =====
> Resistant to macro-based viruses.

This is not 100% exact, and is also a con, for many MSO users. The
correct form is:

        OO.o is resistant to viruses made with MSO Office Macros.
        Because OO.o cannot execute such macros (not on Linux,
        AFAIK. Can it on Windows?)

> No risk with meta-data in document headers.

Specify that is because in OO.o you can see them all. Not because OO.o
doesn't put any meta-data in the document.

HTH,
        Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

They can't stop us... we're on a mission from God!
                -- The Blues Brothers