Le samedi 29 avril 2006 à 14:31 +0200, Cor Nouws a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Because in the FOSS world either you can contribute some work
> > (developping, documentation, whatever) and you have some standing, or
> > you don't and are a nobody (and the amount of screeching on ML and
> > forums won't change that)
>
> I think that is (or was) good practice in projects from techies for techies.
> For end user software, with high non-tech-user-demands, of which OOo is
> an excellent example, I think it is better to find a different approach.

I'm sure a lot of people here will be interested if you can point them
to any software project that thrived on ML contributions (as opposed to
money contributions, as in the commercial software world, or code
contribution, as in the FOSS world)

Just because thunderbird and OO.o are free (money) to use does not mean
they benefit from spontaneous generation. It takes hard work to create
complex works of software and this work is paid for one way or another
(pizzaware in the Samba case).

You're of course free to make suggestions, just as the people who
actually do the hard work are free to ignore them. What you can't do
unless you contribute something more valuable is make demands or
complain no one heeds you.

Requiring the creation of an outlook substitute and getting offended no
one volunteers is as ridiculous as asking for a pony on a ML and
actually expect for it to materialise (and actually the pony would be
easier to pull of than the outlook bit)

--
Nicolas Mailhot