Hi Donald,

Donald R. Fredkin wrote:

Uwe Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

it depends where your cursor is.
Enter =SUM(A1:A10) into a cell.
Click outside the cell, then click the cell. Press Shift+F4 repeatedly
to change through $A1:$A10 and so on.
Now in the formula bar, click the A1 part of the formula. Now Shift+F4
cycles only the A1 through $A1, A$1 and so on.
If you position the cursor within the formula at let's say the SUM
part, nothing happens with Shift+F4.

I have just tried exactly this (not for the first time!) and nothing happens when I press Shift+F4. It is very frustrating.

I can understand that.
Have you looked at, or tried a reset of, the key board settings (via Tools|Customization) ? I though someone else might have suggested this already, but I'm not sure.

Succes,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws