Mathias Bauer wrote:

OOo forces the user to do a lot of things manually that could be done behind the scenes.

I am writing/editing a 55 volume set of books. Page numbering is _automatically_ and _correctly_ done, behind the scenes. [Even for the pages where I switch to Hindi numerals.]

Add page numbering
{] Starting from the current page

Currently available.

{] Starting from page [...]

Currently available.

[] Whole document

Currently available.

[] All pages sharing the page style of the current page

Currently available.

Insert header / footer
[] For the current page only

Currently available.

[] For the current page and all subsequent pages

Currently available.

{] Starting from page [...]

Currently available.

[] Whole document

Currently available.

[] All pages sharing the page style of the current page

Currently available.

All necessary page style magic can be done as now, but without bothering the
user with the details. An application should make life easier for users if
possible.

The only issue is whether or not the user is willing to learn how to use their tools.

xan

jonathon