Le lundi 29 mai 2006 à 07:46 +0200, Tomas Lanczos a écrit :
> > From: André Wyrwa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > > This is more a problem Of Fonts than artwork.. try this for free
> > > http://www.chemsoc.org/networks/learnnet/RSCfont.htm
> >
> > I'm aware of that font and it surely helps, but i just don't
> > think it is a fully sufficient solution.
>
> Definitely not, esp. if You are concerned in organic chemistry.

If the symbols you need have an official unicode codepoint (or an
officious generally-accepted one) you can work with a dynamic project
like dejavu (http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/) to help create the font you
need.

What's different with RSCfont ?

1. it's a work in progress - all glyphs are not drawn yet :(

2. it's a work in progress - there is a team working on it so you can
ask them for glyphs they've not prioritized yet or even argue for
changes in existing ones :)

3. it's a FOSS project - you can do the work yourself, or have other
members of the group you represent help out. On a font project it's
pretty easy to assign glyphs to different persons and efforts snowball
fast :) Moreover the tools used are free (beer and freedom) so you don't
have to shell a fat sum for a commercial tool just to draw a few glyphs.

4. it has very clean licensing - the result could be bundled with OOo or
Linux distributions, so you wouldn't even have to download it
separately :)

5. it has a fast release rate - every month new glyphs and fixed glyphs
are available ;)

--
Nicolas Mailhot