Hi,

Sir Gimp wrote:
According to the release notes, I should have a "Check for Updates" option in the Help. I've just installed version 2.0.3 and this option is not on the Help menu. The Help itself has this mysterious text:

------------
Check for Updates
This command is available for the full versions of OpenOffice.org, StarOffice and StarSuite only.

What does this mean? What is a "full version?" and why don't I have it?

the "Check for Updates" command on Help menu needs a correct URL inside a version.rc file that must be provided on build time of the software (AFAIK). If that line is not present or gives an invalid URL, the command will not be visible.

The Online Help text tried to explain this by using the words "full versions" which is obviously not sufficient to explain what happens. The Hamburg builds of OOo, StarOffice, and StarSuite have this the right way, while we cannot guarantee this for other builds.

The words "full versions" should be replaced by "final released versions" or "not beta versions". Any idea how to explain this with better words?

Regards
Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany