I'm baffled by this one. Selecting a word and pressing Ctrl+F7 (or using the menu) calls up the Thesaurus, but it +never+ suggests any words. I have reinstalled and updated the dictionaries, to no avail. English is the selected language.

Also, using File | Wizards to update the dictionaries results in a notice that a DictOOo upgrade is available. Telling the app to proceed with the upgrade always results in a "DictOOo 1.5.5: Irrecoverable error, upgrade abandoned."

Any tips?