Hello,

Mathias Bauer wrote:

Terry wrote:

I've now subscribed to that list. I take it that you are familiar with it. What is the advantage of posting there rather than here? Can I initiate a discussion?

I'm afraid that these "features@" lists in our projects are not meant
for  discussions, it's only for announcements.
OK, maybe dev@ is a better one?

Of course basically you can discuss features on every list, wether this
is useful or not depends on with whom you want to talk. If you want to
reach developers the right tool is an RFE in Issuezilla. If you want to
discuss with other users, the general "discuss" or "users" list is a
good place, but ony very few developers are subscribed to them.
There was some reasonable discussion here on this topic, so I though to look for a platform where more developers or other technical people are present. I find it somewhat un-satisfying that discussions on discuss@ lead to .. ehh. Therefore in some special situations, I try to find another audience. This of course with in mind the limited resources, the not alway's to clear lines along which decisions are taken and such.
A sort of seeking for more solid ground under this idea :-)

Kindest regards,
Cor

--

Cor Nouws

Done a test ride and want to investigate the car?
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2006/schedule.html