Just that we have that value in vcl doesn't mean it's a good idea. Since uno APIs are fixed, i'd hesitate to create an API for this, do you really, really need it ? It would be better for us if any control reacted on background color instead of high contrast (and so far in most places this is the case).

Just my 2 cents, pl

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi,

in VCL, we have an enum value BmpColorMode [1], which reflects that
images in OOo's UI need to have different incarnations, depending on
different "UI color modes", such as "normal" and "high contrast".

Being in need of an UNO equivalent for this, I wonder if people have
opinions where this should go, and how it should be named.

My idea would be to place it in css.graphic (since XGraphic is the
modern means to represent an image), and call it GraphicColorMode:

  namespace com { namespace sun { namespace star { namespace graphic {

  constants GraphicColorMode
  {
    /// ...
    const short NORMAL = 0;

    /// ...
    const short HIGH_CONTRAST = 1;
  };

} } } }

Any comments/suggestions here, anybody?

Thanks & Ciao
Frank

[1] http://go-ooo.org/lxr/source/gsl/vcl/inc/bitmap.hxx#167

--
If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day;
if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime.