Actually I've used scribus, however I found 1000 times easier to do the same in Draw. I have used scribus for posters and things like that but magazine-like layouts I preffered Draw. I do miss a feature that write has and thats' the link between frames. I wish Draw had that too.

I wish draw was able to flow text from one frame to another too. I think that's one of the only things it's lacking as a desktop publishing program.

Since that functionality is already in Writer, it shouldn't be too hard for it to be implemented in Draw as well.

Is there an issue for that somewhere?

Adrian