On Wednesday 07 February 2007 15:30, Russell Butler wrote:
> Alex Huckabay wrote:
> > Do you know where i can get a version of linux to download for a computer
> > that was running windows 98 to replace windows 98.
> >
> > Also do you know where i can download a version of linux that will run
> > good as a second operating system on a Dell optiplex GX270
> > with a pentium 4 processor and windows XP Pro
> >
> > Thanx
>
> Hi Alex
>
> You are getting a bit OT for an OpenOffice.org list.

It is a bit OT.

But DSL is good for old PC's (How old are we talking about?) Will run well on
P166 etc.

And anything for newer PC's (P3 and up)

Mandriva and PCLinuxOS are good starters. Or Knoppix, Ubuntu, Kubuntu.

Simply Mepis is probably top of the list for newbies. I use Mandriva for the
kid's machines here...

  Tim Fairchild
  Atchafalaya Border Collies.
  Kuttabul, Queensland, Australia.