Hello Charles,

Chavik wrote:

[...]
Writer always starts at the beginning and I have
to scroll down to where I was. Not a huge problem but annoying.
Especially if this thing gets bigger.

Could you make it so the document opens with the cursor where it last
was when the doc was saved? Kinda like an MS Excel spreadsheet.

When you open a Writer document, and go to Tools|Options|Load / save|General, you can see "Use settings as defined by user .." (or something alike - I've the Dutch version on hands) on top of the pane.
If that option is checked, your wish is fulfilled in ODT-documents.

And in spreadsheets it works as in Excel.

Thanks for your time.
You're welcome!

Best wishes,
Cor

[ cc-ed you because you're not subscribed. Pls mail to
discuss@openoffice.org only ]

--

Cor Nouws
Arnhem - Netherlands