Lucille DJARA schrieb:
I am trying to use the HSSF API to:

1. load a template contaning a chart sheet 2. write data 3. save the new
file with the data

It is OK when the chart sheet is the last sheet of my workbook, but when
there are other sheets after the chart sheet I get the message "Unable to
read file" from MS Excel. It is OK with OpenOffice.

If I do "Save As" with OpenOffice, then I can open it with MS Excel

Can somebody tell me what to do in order that my file can be open with MS
Excel?

Maybe I just have to do the same as the Save as method.

Please send me your file that cannot be loaded in Excel. I can tell you at least what is wrong inside. Maybe that helps you to fix your generator.

Regards
Daniel