Hi
On 2007-04-05, at 12:28 , paulus1 @gmail.com wrote:

Always when there is a newer version of OpenOffice it is a horror to find
the portable version in my own language.
I don't understand why this is made so extremely difficult to find.
Couldn't you centralize the portable (native) versions like the installable
ones?
The group op people using a portable version is growing and growing.
Thank you for reading this matter.

As far as I can tell, there are several individuals and groups offering portable versions of OOo. I'd be agreeable to listing PortableApps.com, John Haller's, and the SF project, for instance (they may all be the same?), on our Solutions page, [0] and a descriptive link to that page from our download page for 2.2.0. (We already link to it from Download Central, though it's admittedly buried and needs description.)

(FWIW, the DE project lists OOo portable. [1] I mention this only for comparison purposes.)

I'm not sure we can easily centralize localization information on the portable version. It'd be nice, to, however. It would be even better, though, if those making portable OOo would work more closely with us. For instance, they could join our Porting project, if relevant, or our Distribution project. AFAIK, they have not, though I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

Best,
Louis

[0] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Solutions

[1] http://de.openoffice.org/downloads/oooportable.html