On Tue, 15 May 2007, Tony Pursell wrote:
PCW Magazine reviewed the 2.2 release with a link to its
download site in its on-line news feed. It also included OOo in
its review of office suites which was some time ago now.  So
the mags do not ignore us.

A serious victory in the US market would be getting a review of OpenOffice.org in Consumer Reports. Even getting a discussion of data formats (for preservation and interoperability) would be a coup.

        http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/

That is a buyer's guide which heavily influences decisions for a great many people. I can't find any reference to evaluating productivity software.

Computer reviews seem to have fallen into the MSFTologists worldview lately, but we can try. I've written to CU a few times over the last two years. Maybe some active subscribers here on the list will have more weight in getting a review scheduled, I mooch my copies from relatives and the library.

-Lars

Lars Noodén ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
        Ensure access to your data now and in the future
        http://opendocumentfellowship.org/about_us/contribute