Paul wrote:

Hello -- I downloaded OpenOffice a few months ago, hoping that it might
contain a feature I have only encountered in Microsoft Word; namely, the
"book-fold" feature in Page Layout. This feature allows the user to create "signatures" (sections of a book, which are then put together to create the book in its entirety); the feature basically calculates where the pages of
your book need to be placed, so that when you fold your signatures, the
folios remain in order. Is there a similiar feature in OpenOffice Writer,
that I have somehow missed? Thank you for your time.

Is this like the master document feature in OpenOffice. Have a look at the
user guide at documentation.openoffice.org for more information on this
feature which may do what your looking for.

/paul

I think it is more like a macro that will calculate the pages printed on both sides of a page to create a booklet/book section.

Think of it as if you take a small booklet apart. On a sheet, you could have pages 1 and 14 printed on one side of the sheet and 2 and 13 on the other side. The center of the page is the staple point. The next page would print out 3,12 and 4,11.

This would be a handy macro for self publishing.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.