Alexandro Colorado wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 05:23:37 -0500, Jef Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I appreciate the idea and functionality of OpneOffice.org very much.
However to replace a most dominant office suite provider, i have no alternative for its outlook mail. Moreover, i loose my mail archive/boxes and address book.
 Is here something for OOo to entertain?
 Thank you very much and success for an open world!
 JB

U are talking like there was no other email client in the landscape of technology. Just because you are locked up in a proprietary mail client doesn't mean you can't just switch to a free alternative like Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Claws or million of other email clients. Microsoft is far from inventing email, and so is far from inventing email clients. So why you are sounding like there was no email client beside outlook.

The biggest issue is trying to get Thunderbird to work in a Exchange server only business. No pop or imap access. Evolution works, well sort of.

This is due to proprietor protocols and trying to reverse engineer them. Exchange 2007 breaks Evolution from the Evolution mail list when you have to access with OWA.

Hopefully the Openexchange project with get their MAPIlib working and it will make it easier to integrate all the other projects to provide OSS access to Exchange server.

In our case, Exchange was forced on the IT staff who didn't want it. There are rumors as to why it occurred.

I use Evolution to get my mail off of Exchange server and then export it to Thunderbird which works {IMHO} 1000% better than Evolution.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.