Dear Sir/Madam:

I use OpenOffice, and re-installed the progressive versions as updates. What I found was an install bug.

The bug is that the installer does not properly remove the previous settings as in the right click menu and the "open with..." list. Both ended up showing several "OpenOffice 2" selections and these were caused because the previous version remained. This says that to "open with..." the list contained "OpenOffice 2.0", and "OpenOffice 2.1", then "2.2" etc. This just pads the list and it cannot be removed except manually through the registry.

Also, the right click list held the list of "swriter.exe" and "OpenOffice 2.2", both leading to the same document editor. That too had to be removed manually.

I suggest that with the future uninstallers, that it removes these kinds of settings before it reinstalls the new version when installing as an update.

Thanks
Mark Warbinek