[CC;d to user]

"Stephen Whitehead" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>I am using v2.3 on Windows XP, and I was going to see if OpenOffice worked
> for what we need in our company as well as Microsoft Office.
>
> We make spreadsheets and then import them into AutoCAD, but to do so, we
> have to save the spreadsheets as "Formatted Text (Space delimited) *.prn"
> files. This option is not available in OpenOffice.

Have you tried saving as Text CSV? You will be presented with some options,
one of which is using a space as a delimiter.

> We also make notes and specifications that go on AutoCAD drawings, but
> these
> must be saved as "ASCII DOS Text". When I tried saving it as your "Text"
> format, the spacing wouldn't work with AutoCAD.

Perhaps you could explain in more detail how the "spacing doesn't work".
Have you looked at the content of the files? Have you tried saving as "Text
encoded." That give some other options.

--
Bob Long

[EMAIL PROTECTED]