Miguel Montenegro wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm very interested in the Open Office project and, like many others, I
> would like to change to a completely non-proprietary set of software.
> However, I write in three different languages and must have linguistic
> software compatible with the text processor I use, from dictionnary to
> sintactic correction. Unfortunately, open source text processors allow
> one little more than to correct the spelling, and not always. Lingustic
> software designed to be integrated with Microsoft Word or Apple cannot
> be used with open source text processors. If it weren't for this
> obstacle, I would have switched to Open Office a long time ago. I
> believe many people are in the same situation as me and that is why I
> decided to write you this email. Allow us the integration of linguistic
> software and we will switch to Open Office in no time. Guaranteed!

OOo already allows to integrate linguistic software, e.g. spell checker
and Thesaurus. And we are currently working on an integration interface
for proof reading software in general. This may be grammar checkers or
any other software that checks text and marks it if it does not comply
to a defined rule set.

Of course that does not bring this software into OOo automatically, the
software developers working on such programs still must create an
integration wrapper that lets their software work with our interface.
But we are designing this interface as easy as possible and document it
so that it shouldn't take very long to provide such an integration. But
at the end if that happens or not is out of our control.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".