From: Michael Adams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:53 AM
To: discuss@openoffice.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [discuss] Will Bug 48822 be worked on before the next major
release

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:03:53 -0500
Champion, Patrick wrote:

> Writer messes up date formats of  Word documents with am/pm formats.
> I can not use it to work on our corporate files because it messes up
> the date formats.  This is important when you have project dates in
> documents and get garbage.
>
> Please consider correcting this bug by 2.4 version.  I would even
> consider helping out if I also wasn't completing my Masters in
> statistics.

Consider talking your company into using the international ISO date
formats which prevent personal interpretation messing with time.
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416