Gabriel A. wrote:

> Are the developers of OO working on implementing a system of updates like
> what Firefox has now  (i.e.: patching)? I can't be bothered to download a
> full version of OO when it's just another 2.x release. A 100+ MB download
> isn't warranted for an update of that nature. I realize that MS Office's
> service packs (i.e.: 2003 SP3) are of that size but at least the update
> process is unattended and doesn't require me to perform an uninstallation.
> Overall, it's less of a hassle.
>
> I'm satisfied with OO on one of my Vista machines which is why I hope you'll
> make use of the suggestion. Giving OO more of a native feel across their
> respective platforms would be better as well, but that's less critical at
> this point.
>
> Thank you.

Even Firefox does not offer updates for new feature releases, you only
get patches for the bugfix releases. OOo only has one bugfix release
before the next feature release is sent out. I doubt that it would be
worth the effort to implement such a patch process just for one single
update per release cycle.

That would look different if we stepped back to less frequent feature
releases so that bugfix releases happened much more often. But I don't
see that at the horizon.

I think it makes more sense to stick with full updates but make their
installation smoother.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".