2007/12/14, java sunshine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Dear sir,
>
> I am a user of OpenOffice.org, since the first launching of this product.
> came from Java Island, Indonesia. We found that some application like
> Microsoft Excel, Corel Draw, or OpenOffice.org Spreadsheet, have tab
> function. I think an application like OpenOffice.org Writer should has tab
> function too. So we could do different formatting for one document, and we
> could split one document into several chapter, that we may do that with
> tab
> function.
> I really wish that you could discuss this idea.
>
> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Setyo Budi Deni Widodo
> Indonesia.

Hello

You could file an issue for an improvement.
Maybe the proposal was already made (if I remember correctly I saw something
alike some months ago...)
You have to register at the www.openoffice.org site, then go to issuetracker
http://porting.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectIssues
and look up if an issue for this was already filed.
Good luck!

On the other hand, for splitting a document into several chapters, you might
take a look into the Master Document feature. (Look for
0213WG-WorkingWithMasterDocuments.pdf)
For applying different formatting to different parts of a document, you use
page of paragraph styles (F11)...

--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger