Hello Hendon,

Am Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:04:34 -0500
schrieb Hendon Chubb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> In Microsoft Word it is possible to enter accents in a document by a
> keyboard shortcut. For example to enter "à" you hit CTRL  + "`" +
> "a". I use Word when I am writing in French, Spanish, Catalan or
> Italian, all of which use frequent accents. I hope you'll add this
> capability to OpenOffice Writer (and for that matter the other
> programs in the OpenOffice suite)..

I'm not 100 % sure, but I can type accents just by hitting "`" and "a"
and get "à". This might depend on the locale setting or the keyboard
type. So, perhaps you can just try my method and see if it works for
you.

If it doesn't, then you can define your own keyboard shortcuts in OOo.
In this case you can select, if this shortcut is only available in
Writer, Calc, Impress or if it is available in all programs. Check
"Tools > Customise > Keyboard".

Hope, this helps.

Sigrid