Congratulations User Experience (UX) Project!

Last week, the Community Council unanimously supported the move of the UX project from Incubator to Accepted. The change primarily gives the project more visibility and political power. And given the importance of this project, those are not bad things to have.

What is the UX project? And why should you join it? As lead Lutz Höger phrased it,

"We are the User Experience community and our main goal is to make OpenOffice.org the best open source office suite in terms of usefulness, usability--and a pleasure to use. Our techniques for user- centred design provide insight into the needs and behavior of our end- users. We provide consultation for the development of both new and existing functionality, starting from the idea generation phase to the evaluation of the final implementation. Close cooperation with other efforts and projects in the OpenOffice.org community is the basis for the success of this cross-sectional activity.

Cheers,

Louis

--
Louis Suarez-Potts